From Friday 14 to Thursday 20 October, a delegation of Dutch Members of Parliament visited Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and the Caribbean Netherlands. Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten are constituent countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands since 10 October 2010. The Caribbean Netherlands, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba (the BES islands), have the status of special municipalities (public bodies) of the Netherlands.
The delegation met with members of the States, the governors and the governments of Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten. In Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius the delegation had talks with members of the Island Councils and the island authorities.
The Dutch delegation consisted of the following Members of Parliament:
· Ms Gerdi Verbeet, President of the House and delegation leader;
· Mr Stef Blok, leader of the parliamentary group of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD);
· Mr Job Cohen, leader of the parliamentary group of the Labour Party (PvdA);
· Mr Sybrand van Haersma Buma, leader of the parliamentary group of the Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA);
· Mr Alexander Pechtold, leader of the parliamentary group of Democrats 66 (D66);
· Ms Jolande Sap, leader of the parliamentary group of the Green Left Party (GroenLinks);
· Mr Kees van der Staaij, leader of the parliamentary group of the Reformed Political Party (SGP).