Paragraph

Old Chamber (Oude Zaal)
Originally built as a ballroom for Stadholder Willem V, the Old Chamber served as chamber to the House of Representatives from 1815 to 1992, when MPs moved into the newly built chamber.

During Open Monumentendag – every second weekend of September – thousands of historical buildings and sites (about 4.000) are open to the public free of charge. The House opens some historic sections of its premises:

  • The Central Passageway
  • The public gallery of the Chamber
  • The Old Chamber
  • The Smoking Room
  • The Coffee Room
  • The Kings' Gallery

Entrance: Binnenhof 1a, no entrance fee
Opening hours: 10 am - 5 pm

Unfortunately, other monuments within the premises of the House, such as the Old Library and the Governors' Room, are not open to the public on Heritage Day.