MPs may ask for assistance with drafting amendments, either from the House of Representatives’ Legislation Office or from the ministry responsible for the area that is the object of the amendment. If neither the House nor the minister or state secretary have any objections to the amendment, the Cabinet may adopt it. In the event that the Cabinet does raise objections, however, the House must then vote on the amendment.