A written request

A written request or individual petition relates to an individual case in which the petitioner believes the Central Government has made the wrong decision.

a hand holding a pencil hovering over pieces of paper

People who believe themselves affected by negligent or improper actions by a Central Government body can file a complaint with the Petitions and Citizens’ Initiatives committee of the House of Representatives. The matter concerned must be an individual one and there must be no possibility of objection, or appeal, to an independent court. This means that people cannot lodge appeals with the House of Representatives against court rulings.